We are pleased to announce that The Brow Guru is currently open. We are so excited to be able to safely invite y’all into the studio to be #blessedbytheguru.
UPDATE 1: As of October 9, 2020 – only Eyebrow Threading services and Henna Tinting services will be available for booking according to the city and province’s updated COVID-19 guidelines. Under the modified Stage 2 restriction, “Personal care services where face coverings must be removed for the service will also be prohibited.” (Ottawa Citizen article)
UPDATE 2: Ottawa is currently in the Orange-Restrict category of the Ontario government’s COVID-19 response framework. In this category, personal care services “requiring removal of face coverings [are] prohibited”. (Ontario COVID-19 Response Framework)
The health and safety of our clients and the community is our first priority and we will be diligently following recommended protocols on: mandatory mask wearing, capacity limitations, hand sanitizing, consistent cleaning and disinfecting of the studio space and all equipment, and implementing a requisite pre-appointment questionnaire/self-assessment.
Appointment Booking Process:
Please note that New Clients must fill out the Waiting List form in order to get an appointment. Head over to browguru.ca/waiting-list to fill out our contact form and secure your spot in line! If you are a Regular Client, you will be contacted shortly after submitting the form. Please ensure that all information submitted in the form is accurate so that we can reach you to book your appointment.
Due to new safety measures, we will not be able to accommodate as many appointments as usual. These measures are in place to limit capacity in the studio and to allow enough time for thorough cleaning and disinfecting between clients. Please be mindful of these changes and that as wait times can vary. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time!
Online booking will be available again at a later date.
If you are a higher risk individual due to health concerns (ie. pre-existing condition, chronic illness, immunocompromised, elderly, etc.), we are happy to coordinate special accommodations for you in order to make your visit as safe as possible. Please fill out the Special Appointment Request Form at browguru.ca/special-appointment-request
Mandatory Mask Usage
- Please bring your own mask
- You must wear a face mask at all times when in the studio
- Masks must fit securely and be worn properly, covering the mouth and nose. Masks must also be made of at least two layers of tightly woven material (such as cotton or linen)
- For more information on proper mask usage read here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/face-coverings-and-face-masks
- Only one person will be allowed into the studio at a time
- Please arrive to your appointment alone
- Please arrive to your appointment on time to allow for adequate time to clean and disinfect in between clients
- If you arrive early, wait outside the building until it is time for your appointment
- Late appointments are subject to cancellation
- You will be kindly asked to leave the studio promptly after your appointment is done
Health Measures and Sanitization
- Clients will be provided with hand sanitizer when entering and exiting the studio
- Please refrain from touching or contacting any surfaces in the studio un-necessarily during your appointment
- There will be coat hooks and plastic storage bins for you to place your belongings in, which will be cleaned and disinfected between clients. Please bring minimal belongings to your appointment
- Please take off your shoes outside of the studio
- All tools and surfaces in the studio including the brow table, belongings bins, and high-touch-points (tables, door-handles, etc.) will be cleaned and disinfected before and after each client
- The Brow Guru will be wearing a face mask and face shield for the duration of every appointment
- Please note that the bathroom will not be available for use at this time. Please plan accordingly
- No food or beverages are to be consumed in the studio
- Read more about provincially recommended health and safety procedures here: https://www.wsps.ca/WSPS/media/Site/Resources/Downloads/covid-19-personal-services-health-and-safety-guidance.pdf?ext=.pdf
Pre-Appointment Questionnaire and Self-Assessment
Please fill out this form immediately before your appointment:
The purpose of this questionnaire is to screen incoming clients for COVID-19 symptoms (self-assessment section), as well as to create a client visit record for contact tracing in case there is a need for you and other clients to be notified
- In the event of this happening, the information provided in this form will be shared with Ottawa Public Health to support effective contact tracing
- Please be assured that your information will be kept private otherwise
- This is a necessary protocol in accordance with Ottawa Public Health and the Province of Ontario’s re-opening guidelines for personal care and esthetic services
- Read more here: https://bit.ly/2CIUWwS
- Also read more here: https://bit.ly/3fCkY3E
Thank-you in advance for your patience and understanding during this transitional time as we adjust to the new normal at The Brow Guru. This booking process and safety plan was carefully created to ensure that the health and safety of our clients and the community is prioritized first and foremost.
We hope to #bless your brows soon. But until then, stay safe & stay fuzzy!